Special Note

Several of Kay's lessons and teachings can be found in this blog. Please scroll through the posts.
If you see something you would like to utilize, please copy and paste the content for yourself.
Be sure to check the Blog Archive (to the right) and the Older Posts (on the bottom of the page) too.

Friday, November 9, 2012

The Influence of a Person's Life by Mary Bailey



The influence of a person’s life goes far beyond their lifetime!  In my experience, I have had many people who have come and gone, but yet my life is still impacted by the seeds that were sown into my heart! I would like to mention a very dear precious friend, Kay Frels, who I met in June of 2011. I didn’t get to know her very long before she went to be with her Heavenly Father in May of 2012. But the time I did know her, I can honestly say, that my life will never be the same! The influence that she had on me was such an inspiration to me, that it caused me to examine myself, and to see who I really was in God, and what purpose my life was meant to be lived for! I found out that God’s plan for my life was something far greater than anything I ever dreamed of! I knew that God had something very special for me to do, before I met Kay, but it wasn’t until I got to know her, that she instilled within me, not only a greater passion and desire for the Lord, but a confidence in pursuing God’s plan for my life! I can honestly say, I had a privilege of knowing Kay, that many people don’t have; and because of that, my life will never be the same! What I mean by that is, the impact she had on my life has affected me for eternity! 

I would like to share with you some of the fruit that has taken place in my life, because of the impact she had on me! Though she never got to see any of these things, I still believe that her life is influencing others, including myself, for years to come! For years now I have always dreamed of being in front of people sharing the good news of Jesus Christ! I would have dreams at night where I saw multitudes of people that were in need of someone to share with them the Gospel! How I longed to just encourage someone with an answer to their needs! If people were hurting, I wanted to pray for them! If people were sick, how I longed to see those people receive healing in their body. What ever it was, I just wanted to be a vessel that would be poured out to be a soothing balm in their life! With a lot of prayer, a portion of that dream came about this past weekend, and was inspired by the seeds that she sowed into my life! About 3 or 4 months ago, the Lord began to deal with me about having a women’s conference at our church! As I prayed about it and sought the Lord, He began to show me in my mind how it was all going to fall into place, and I felt like the Lord wanted me to pursue this! So I approached my Pastor’s wife, Sister Peggy Murff, and I told her of the vision that I had to have the women’s conference. Immediately she was in agreement with me. So we planned it all out. This past weekend we had our conference, and I have to say it was ordained of God. The music was anointed, and so were the messages that were brought forth! It was followed by some real good altar time seeking the Lord! Many lives were touched. Many were encouraged. All because someone, like Kay was willing to be used of the Lord to touch others. And because I had the privilege of being blessed by her ministry, I wanted to be a blessing to someone else! I would like to share with you a poem that was written by Sister Peggy’s sister, entitled “The Woman’s Destiny.” If ever there was someone who inspired me to walk in the destiny and purpose that God had for me it was Kay Frels!

                                       “The Woman’s Destiny”

Just as the angel said to Mary,
You are blessed and highly favored;
You are destined to be the bearer
Of God’s own Son, our Lord and Saviour.

He told of things ‘twould break her heart;
And on all these things she pondered.
Be it unto me, she replied from the start;
I’ll humbly carry God’s Awesome Wonder.

So God would speak to you today,
You, too, are His well-favored daughter.
Though there may be bumps along the way,
Your destined pathway has long been chartered.

The Bible itself, God’s own written Word
Is your personal roadmap for your destination.
Provision is made from our wonderful Lord
For unending fresh oil from His re-filling station.

Walking this journey as a woman of God,
Tuned in and focused only on His Attraction,
With preparation of gospel, and feet truly shod,
Empowered to kick aside all worldly distractions.

When on this path sometimes you fall,
And often you’re filled with awful uncertainty,
Remember you’re His; He’s awaiting your call.
For in you He instilled- His Woman’s Destiny.

                             By Karen Ryman

No comments:

Post a Comment