Special Note

Several of Kay's lessons and teachings can be found in this blog. Please scroll through the posts.
If you see something you would like to utilize, please copy and paste the content for yourself.
Be sure to check the Blog Archive (to the right) and the Older Posts (on the bottom of the page) too.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Post by Reverend Sharon Reeves:
I have known Kay for 32 years.  She has been my most faithful friend during those years.  I met Kay in 1980 during one of the most difficult times of my life.  She understood me, shared her insights, prayed with me and stood by me when others turned their backs due to someone slandering my character.

Kay has spoken so many words of life into my heart over the years.  I could not list them, and most are too personal to share.  She knew me like no one else does.  She encouraged me in my work as a pastor in Germany of the years and gave me advice. She prayed for me.

The last time I spent with Kay, in March, God used her to confirm some things in my life that were essential for my ministry and she left a powerful imprint and impact on what I will be doing for the rest of my life in serving Christ. As we stood in her kitchen and I addressed the subject on my heart that troubled me, she smiled and said, "I knew we were going to have this conversation." 

One of my fond memories is when we lived in Rockport in the early 80's.  We would spend time walking along the beach and singing worship songs to the Lord.  We loved to sing together to praise and worship God.  We sang in the car, on the beach and home, for an audience of One.   Kay loved Jesus Christ with every fiber of her being.  She was His completely, for all the years I have known her, in the bad times and the good.  She trusted God when others might have turned their back in similiar situations.  She had a very personal, heart relationship with her heavenly Father, and loved to just sit in his presence in prayer, reading His Word, worship, or just silence.
I thank God for the blessing of Kay's friendship over the years.  My life will be poorer because she is gone, but I know I will see her again in the Presence of the Lord one day!


No comments:

Post a Comment